Ford AC Service
Ford AC Service
Your air conditioner is crucial to maintaining a comfortable environment in your car. In the Houston area, a broken Ford AC can make life miserable in the heat. Keeping your AC running smoothly will help you stay cool all year long.
As issues arise with your Ford AC, you want them resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thankfully, the team at J&T Automotive is certified to work on Ford vehicles and has the experience needed to resolve Ford AC problems.
Components of your Ford AC
Understanding your Ford AC is a great step towards identifying issues quickly. There are many components that work together to keep your air conditioner running properly. If you find yourself sweating in your car, one of these parts may be the source of your AC troubles.
- Vents and knobs control your AC, including setting the cabin air temperature and air flow. Electrical issues may cause these parts to stop working correctly. Air may not come out through the vents, or knobs and buttons could be rendered useless.
- Fan motors keep your compressor from overheating. It cools the refrigerant in your car and forces air to flow through the radiator.
- Vacuum systems maintain a proper vacuum in your car which provide air and fuel needed for combustion. The vacuum system of your Ford keeps many systems operating properly.
- Refrigerant is a special mixture formulated to turn hot air in your car into cool air. It is an essential part of maintaining a cold and comfortable temperature in your vehicle’s cabin.
- Hoses and wires can be prone to leaks or fraying. If there are issues with your hoses or wires, your entire air conditioning system can suffer.
- Drive belts attach to the compressor of your car. If the belt is worn or broken, it will need to be fixed or replaced.
Common Ford AC problems
When your AC goes out, all you notice is the lack of cold air. However, there are some common problems that your Ford AC may experience. The technicians at J&T Automotive know how to handle all of these issues and help you stay cool in the Houston heat.
- A refrigerant leak can be caused by a variety of issues, including a leaking hose. Some parts of your AC system may be damaged or have an issue with the seal. Over time, refrigerant may escape naturally and cause your car to blow warm air instead of cold air.
- An electrical climate control issue involves a problem with the physical switch in your car that turns your AC on or off. The manual controls, including your panel of knobs and buttons, help you regulate the temperature in your car and intensity of the fans. If they are not functioning properly, you may experience AC issues.
- Your air conditioning compressor keeps refrigerant circulating through your AC system. If the internal components are faulty or worn, cold air will not properly circulate through your car.
Expert Ford AC services in Houston
If you are searching for Ford AC repair in the Houston area, contact J&T Automotive. With more than 40 years of experience repairing Ford vehicles, our team is ready to handle any issues you may have with your air conditioner. Our clients in Houston and Spring Branch trust our qualified technicians with their vehicles, and you can do the same.